Tuesday, February 8

Meet me in the pouring rain

Should've waited for Valentine's for this one, but i'm just impatient, i guess. I'm actually not that worried about people flaming, 'cause not many read my blog anyway. This is my attempt at poetry. (Don't laugh either.)

I
Was just a girl
You
Were just a boy
We
Were just friends
Purely platonic
We never thought anything could change

At first glance
Your hair
Caught my attention immediately
Let me pick you out in a crowd
Your height
Made us equals
I could finally see eye-to-eye with someone
Your sharp wit
Cutting at times, but humorously so
I could get better than most
Strangely, i held that dear

The first time
Your eyes
Held me
A flicker, a spark
Made me believe there could be
Something more, perhaps?
Your hand
Slipped into mine
They fit perfectly
Your lips
Found mine, stayed there
Pressed against mine
Breathing seemed unnecessary

Now
Your arms
Around me in an embrace
Keeping me safe
From my nightmares, my fears
Your hands
All over me
And i want more
I always want more
Your lips
Pressed against mine again
Moving, perfectly synchronised
Your tongue
Intertwined with mine
Dancing, teasing
Your shoulder
Mine to lean on
Or cry on
Always there for me
Your eyes
Holding mine again
The spark, now a flame
Promising eternity together
Your voice
Whispering in my ear
Murmuring sweet everythings
Giving me strength
If i falter

I still want
Your scent
Enveloped in it
In the pillows, the sheets
My clothes, our bed
Your face
The first thing i see
When i wake up
Opening my eyes to perfection
Better, infinitely so
Better than the most glorious dawn
Your body
Warm, next to mine
Fitting snugly, perfectly
Like that missing puzzle piece
Your heart
Because you already stole mine
When i fell in love with you
And i'm content
For you to guard mine

But i want
To be entrusted with
Guarding yours
And our hearts beat in time
Inexplicably, irrevocably
A shared fate
I won't be getting out of this with my heart intact
But i would never want to
Leave, because
Without you
Only oblivion remains

I fell in love with you
I still love you
And i always will

That was mostly general and not too specific. =)
Hope you don't mind. I know it's a little weird, after your birthday but before Valentine's. But i figured you'd be fine with it. =)

Later.

kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment