Monday, May 26

They say lying is bad, but sometimes the truth is way worse

I used to lie. A lot. No, this isn't a confession. But it's the next best thing (coming from me) at least. I used to be something of a compulsive liar. I used to lie all the time. Not anymore. I dun have some sentimental story about how i stopped lying all the time. I just stopped. Stopped lying as much. Tried to tell the truth more often, especially when it's the little things that dun really matter. My parents trusted me more, i got less paranoid. I stopped lying all the time. Or so i thought.

Now the past has come back to haunt me. Once again, i find myself in the same/ similar situation as 2 years ago. I've gotta lie. I've gotta make a choice: do i wanna gain the trust of my parents or do i wanna keep what i've waited so long for? My mind says the logical path to take is to tell my parents. Yet my heart tells me something else altogether. They say to follow your heart, and i'm doing just that. Did i make the right choice? Maybe i'll regret it in the future, but for now, despite all the suffering i'm causing myself, (just to be with him) it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment